Saturday, November 21, 2009

Top 10 Signs That Prove You're a Dog Parent

Today I accidently bumped into my dog, so I reached down to pat his head and quickly said "I'm sorry". It came so naturally I didn't think twice about it. When my mother, who was on the phone with me at the time, asked why I was sorry, I realized how silly I sounded apologizing to my dog.

It was in that moment I realized I was no longer just a dog owner...I had become a dog parent!
You're probably asking yourself what the difference is between an owner and a parent. A person gets a dog. The dog lives in the yard and the owner throws some dog food out everyday to keep them fed. These people could be classified as dog owners.
Dog parents, on the other hand, would never imagine letting their precious pup get smelly by playing in the dirt all day. Now you're probably wondering which one you are, an owner or a parent? Here are some surefire ways to determine if you're a true dog parent.
You Could Be A Dog Parent If:

-You refer to your dog as "my baby".
-You take "your baby" to a doggie daycare while you're at work, or have at least considered it.
-You have more pictures of your dog around your house than you do family members.
-You interrupt phone conversations to speak to your dog.
-You buy him sweaters in the winter "because he may get cold".
-You know his favorite color.
-Your family buys he Christmas gifts because they know you'll be upset if he's not included.
-You make room for him in your bed even though he has his own.
-You brush his teeth to avoid plaque build up.
-And lastly, you know you're a dog parent if you give him daily kisses and expect them in return!
Being a dog parent means you have a wonderful relationship with your dog in a way that only other dog parents understand. So if you accidentally step on his toe, or hit him in the face with a cabinet door, don't hesitate to say you're sorry. He'll appreciate it, because he knows you love and care for him, which is what every dog deserves. So proudly embrace your doggie parenthood and go love on your baby!
No self-respecting dog parent would even consider celebrating the holidays without including their "baby". Choose from a wide variety of dog Christmas ornaments to adorn your tree this holiday season. Find your specific breed or select several different dog ornaments to give as gifts to other doggie parents that will be cherished for years to come.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Monica_Page

No comments: