From the Website: www.dogchannel.com
With PetAirways, dogs will fly in the cabin of a specially outfitted aircraft.
PetAirways Inc., a pet-only airline based in Delray Beach, Fla., in now taking reservations for flights starting around spring or summer. The inaugural cities will be New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Denver, and Los Angeles, with others shortly to follow.
The goal behind launching such an airline is “to make the pet travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable for both our pawsengers and their human families,” according to the company.
Pets travel in the main cabin of a specially outfitted aircraft with climate and lighting control and are checked regularly by a pet attendant.
PetAirways describes how the flight check-in process works:
- Owners drop their pet off at the airport Pet Lounge,
- Pet gets potty break just before takeoff,
- A limo takes the pets to the plane an hour before flight time,
- Pets board the plane,
- A pet attendant monitors and checks pets every 15 minutes during the flight. After landing, pets will be disembarked, given a potty break and board the limo for their trip to the Pet Lounge at their destination,
- Owners pick up their pet at the Pet Lounge.
Since announcing the company’s launch on its website in November, PetAirways has been busy lining up partnerships, the most recent being MyPetCareTV.com, an interactive online community for pet owners and veterinarians.
As part of the partnership, the airline will provide pet-related air transportation for MyPetCareTV.com members. In addition, PetAirways will promote MyPetCareTV.com educational videos on their website and in marketing materials.
MyPetCareTV.com is a subsidiary of Saddle Ranch Productions of Tampa, Fla., and Beverly Hills, Calif., a producer of pet health and welfare video education programs.
Other PetAirways partners include Pets Best Insurance, PetMed Express, Best Friends Animal Society, and Kong.